I Prac Outofstatecustodydisputes

Out-of-State Custody Disputes

Warren Out-of-State Child Custody Dispute Lawyer

Youngstown Child Custody Agreement Attorney

Do you have an Ohio child custody order that you need to modify? Are you in another state or country? Would you like to move your child custody case to Ohio or to another state?

At Charles A. Ziegler, Attorney at Law, we understand the unique problems that people face when they want to enforce or modify an out-of-state child custody order. We have more than 30 years of legal experience, including extensive experience helping clients through family law disputes. If you are involved in an out-of-state child custody dispute, we encourage you to contact our law offices.

Transferring Jurisdiction of Child Custody

The state where your child custody order was originally established has original jurisdiction over your case. Unless you request a change in jurisdiction, you must bring any motion to modify child custody with a court in that state.

Under the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction Act (UCCJA), if your child has been in your new state for at least six months, you can apply to have your new state take jurisdiction over your case. For example, if you have a Texas divorce decree awarding custody and you and your child moved to Ohio more than six months ago, you can apply to the Ohio court to have Ohio declared your child’s home state for child custody purposes.

Whether you would like to change child custody jurisdiction or contest the change, our law firm can help you understand the law and protect your interests.

Representing Out-of-State Clients in Ohio Child Custody Hearings

If you are out of state and would like to modify or enforce your child custody order in Ohio (but you are not interested in changing — or cannot change — jurisdiction), let us stand in your place. Just because you are far away does not mean you cannot enforce your parental rights or act in the best interests of your children. Trial preparation can be done by phone or email and you may even be able to attend pre-trial hearings by phone.

Attorney Charles A. Ziegler represents out-of-state clients around the United States and throughout the world, including clients in California, Oregon, England, Germany, Afghanistan, and Cuba.

Professional Legal Services You Can Afford

At our law office, you will meet with a committed and caring Warren and Newton Falls, Ohio, lawyer who has vigorously protected people’s rights in child custody cases for more than 30 years. Contact us today.


N Tool Prin

330-984-0609 IN WARREN, OHIO
888-854-0924 TOLL-FREE


8096 East Market St., Ste 2
Warren, OH 44484

Warren Law Office Map

127 North Canal St.
Newton Falls, OH 44444

Map & Directions

Toll Free:
Fax: 330-872-3700